Find us at Royal City, Patiala
Early Years (Pre-K – K2)
The Little GEMS curriculum is based around the way children naturally learn; they acquire knowledge, develop skills and improve their understanding, applying what they have learned to new situations. The curriculum is our in house resource designed using the EYFS framework. It beautifully amalgamates best practices from Montessori, Lev Vygotsky and Reggio Amelia approaches to learning.
In particular, the curriculum is developed with 7 key learning areas in mind:
- Understanding the world: the provision of opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment helps young minds understand the world.
- Literacy: providing an environment that is rich in stories, rhymes, print and board books encourages a love for reading; children begin to use phonics to read and spell, learn to negotiate irregular words and go from simple mark-making to writing words.
- Physical development: opportunities for the development of balance, coordination and control help children learn the importance of physical activity and making healthy choices.
- Personal, social and emotional development: a supportive environment helps children develop confidence and form positive relationships.
- Communication and language: children listen to sounds and speech in a variety of situations and respond appropriately; they learn to follow instructions and are able to answer questions about their experiences.
- Mathematics: opportunities to explore and solve practical problems allows children to apply and develop their counting, measuring and shape-recognition skills as well as to use the four fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Expressive arts and design: a range of activities based around art, music, dance, role play and design technology enable children to explore their ideas and feelings using a variety of media and materials.
Music, Art and Craft, Physical Education and Sports activities are also woven into the curriculum. Students participate in fun-filled activities, including games, story sessions, field trips, special weeks, assemblies and events.