GEMS is committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and dedicated to providing the best possible education for our students by developing the knowledge, understanding, skills and values essential for self-directed, life-long learning. We will develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies and ethical spirit needed to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society.
Expected Learner Outcomes
In achieving our educational purpose, the teaching, curricula and learning environments in GEMS schools will produce successful learners who, by the time they graduate:
- are able to play an active role in their learning as life-long learners
- are literate and numerate
- are creative and productive users of technology
- can think deeply and logically, and obtain and evaluate evidence in a disciplined way
- are creative, innovative and resourceful, and are able to solve problems in ways that draw upon a range of learning areas and discipline.
- have a sense of self-worth, self-awareness and personal identity that enables them to manage their emotional, mental, spiritual and physical well-being
- exhibit the personal values and attributes of honesty, resilience, empathy and respect for others
- can work independently and can accept responsibility for their actions as individuals; while also being able to collaborate with others and contribute to work in teams, accepting shared responsibility as a team member
- can relate to all fellow humans openly, generously and peacefully and act with moral and ethical integrity
- can act responsibly and contribute to the values and practices of their community